Senior IP Policy SpecialistWashington, DC
Leads development of policies, procedures and processes. Analyzes intellectual property (IP) legislative and regulatory issues. Deploys IP policies, procedures and processes. Creates training materials in a variety of media environments to support intellectual property policy awareness and compliance.
We are seeing a Senior IP Policy Specialist to join our team in either Washington, DC; Seattle, WA; Huntsville, AL; Philadelphia, PA; Saint Louis, MO; or Seale Beach, CA. Our Senior IP Policy Specialist are passionate about Intellectual Property and Public Policy. The selected candidate will work directly with Business Units, Subsidiaries, Technology teams, Government Operations, Law, Contracts and Engineering to shape the legislative and regulatory environment and provide Intellectual Property guidance and considerations to strategic plans.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors changes in the external intellectual property policy environment (legislative and regulatory developments)
- Coordinates with stakeholders to understand Boeing Business objectives and provides IP guidance and considerations to strategic plans
- Recommend changes to proposed laws, regulations and policy in alignment with Boeing’s business objectives to shape the company's policy positions
- Develops policies, procedures and processes to effectively and efficiently identify, protect and leverage intellectual property
- Develops and deploys training to raise awareness and facilitate compliance with intellectual property policies, procedures and processes
- Collects and analyzes data to support cross functional teams across business units and across programs to integrate objectives strategies and plans
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Successful candidates will possess analytical skills, strategic and critical thinking, confidence and cross functional relationship building, strong communication, as well as a self-motivated and persuasive personality with a positive attitude
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- 5+ years’ experience with intellectual property (IP) policies and procedures
- 5+ years’ experience working with US Government acquisition process
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of intellectual property (IP) plans, policies, procedures and processes
- 5+ years’ experience in the development of training and education programs to strengthen Intellectual Property (IP) policy awareness and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience in administering processes and tools for managing Intellectual Property (IP
- 5+ years’ experience working with processes and procedures for creation of Intellectual Property (IP) rights, and the legal status of various forms of IP (e.g., patent prosecution and registration, trademark registration, copyright ownership, trade secret protection, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience with Intellectual Property (IP) licensing
- 1+ years’ experience working with methods to assess the value of Intellectual Property (IP) for evaluating consideration, including license fees and royalty rates (e.g., income, market, and cost-based methods)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More