Apache AH64-E Simulator InstructorMiddle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting and innovative contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows and with the imminent arrival of the Apache AH64-E helicopter we have a need to expand our current Training Capability. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts.
We are now looking to hire a number of Apache AH64-E Simulator Instructors to work at our Middle Wallop site, joining the simulator instructor team, significantly expanding the training capability and deliver Apache AH64-E synthetic training to BDUK military customer aircrew
This is a challenging and rewarding position where you will join a growing team of Boeing AH64-E Instructors and be responsible for the daily delivery of customer training within the new state of the art Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) and Ground School classrooms.
Duties will include;
- Conducting instructional sorties on the AH64-E Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT).
- Pre sortie briefing
- Conducting post sortie debriefing plus report writing
- Conducting post sortie administrative actions (system fault reporting and time keeping)
- Utilising other Part Task Trainers (PTTs) to deliver synthetic training as required
- Gaining and maintaining Instrument Rating Examiner (IRE) status
- Gaining and maintaining proficiency in the Apache LCT, IOS and associated systems.
- Delivering classroom training.
- Conducting reviews and development of courseware.
- Maintaining a high level of proficiency in instructional methods, and knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Understanding the basic concepts of military manuals, standards, engineering data and related documentation.
- Developing solutions, in collaboration with other team members and in accordance with established procedures and policies/guidelines. Implements endorsed changes as directed.
- Conducting continuous improvement processes.
- Demonstrating and championing Boeing Values.
- Collaborating, be accountable and place the customer first.
- Demonstrating the Boeing Behaviours.
- Current or former Qualified UK Military Pilot
- An accredited Central Flying School Helicopter Instructor B1 or above.
- Extensive military experience in air and ground operations/exercises.
- General instructor experience in academic and theoretical topics associated with military aircraft.
- Ideally you will have several years of instructional experience as an Apache Mk1 Qualified Helicopter Instructor (CHQHI, and hold, or have recently held a CFS (H) B1 Instructor rating.
- Applications from Apache CFS accredited Airborne Instructors, or non-Apache CQHIs with recent experience gained on a similar rotary type, or role, or will also be considered.
- General instructor experience in academic and theoretical topics is also required.
- Experience of synthetic training is beneficial.
All AH64-E simulator Instructor conversion training will be provided to the successful candidates
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation is not available for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award