Defence Simulation Technician ApprenticeLossiemouth, Scotland; Wattisham, England; Crawley, England; Middle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Defence Simulation Technician Apprentice
Boeing Defence UK limited (BDUK) provides support to the UK Ministry of Defence for all Boeing aircraft including the C-17 Globemaster, AH-64 Apache, CH-47 Chinook and P-8 Poseidon and soon to be E7. This support includes the training of both aircrew and maintenance staff. We are currently looking for Simulator Technician apprentices interested in learning how to operate and maintain the latest synthetic training equipment including advanced flight simulators.
This intake of apprentices will support the P-8 Poseidon in our custom built training facility in Lossiemouth, in the northeast of Scotland. Also the Apache AH64E training systems at our facilities in Wattisham near Ipswich and Middle wallop near Andover.
Suitable candidates will be provided with 3 years of training resulting in Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance. In the first year, apprentices will split their time between college courses and practical “hands on” experience at Boeing Gatwick flight services campus. During the second year, apprentices will move to their future permanent work location RAF Lossiemouth, Wattisham or ACC Middle Wallop to support Maintenance and operations of all training equipment at those sites. On successful completion, apprentices will be offered a full time role as Junior Simulator Technician with the Boeing Company.
- Performs pre-flight and post flight tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions.
- Assist with troubleshooting and corrective maintenance activities.
- Ensures documentation procedures are completed.
- Provides total customer support service.
The Simulator Technician team maintain the training devices to regulatory and Company standards, ensuring that devices are ready for training and customers are provided with professional technical support at all times.
- Year One Gatwick Flight Services
- Year Two and Three Lossiemouth or Middle Wallop
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Can demonstrate an understanding of electro mechanical and IT equipment.
- Has good technical and hands-on skills.
- Undertakes team assignments.
- Works well in a team.
- Able to listen and use questions to support fault finding able to contribute to meetings and group settings.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Anticipates and responds to changing customer requirements and expectations.
- Flexibility, with an ability to adapt in different environments.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of x5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
- GCSE Mathematics at a minimum of C/5 grade.
- GCSE English at a minimum of C/5 grade.
- 3 A Levels or BTEC equivalent in Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical or Computing BTEC (Grade Level 2).
All information provided will be checked and verified.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities