Geospatial TechnicianSt Louis, Missouri
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A") is seeking talented and experienced Geospatial Technician(s) whose analytical skills will be utilized to acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate and review geospatial data. The systems, programs, and projects the successful candidate will be involved with, utilize a large spectrum of GIS Intelligence based software platforms, to include ArcGIS, Socet GXP, Socet Set, and other internally developed tools like Open/Crowd Source data collection tools, and Terrain Production tools.
The Geospatial Technician duties entail:
- Exploit, extract, format, manipulate, and symbolize geospatial data.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and currency of geospatial information is precise, utilizing standardized checklists, work instructions and project configuration documentation to ensure consistent quality of geospatial products.
- Work together in a team environment to meet 1st Time Right Quality goals while maintaining on time deliveries to our customers.
- Experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Foundation Geospatial Data production (conflation, enrichment, maintenance activities)
- High Resolution Terrain production (must have stereo acuity).
- Experience with commercial off the shelf (COTS) GIS software packages, specifically ArcGIS 10.x and Socet GXP/Socet Set.
- Experience with large data set production (using queries, symbology, templates)
- Strong communication skills utilizing both verbal and electronic formats.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (NOT REQUIRED):
- Secret Security Clearance
- Model builder and/or Python script creation to streamline production steps on large datasets.
- Creation of innovative solutions to real word GIS issues (enhanced workflows, advanced technology identification, automation).
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More