Associate Electrical Design EngineerAlbuquerque, New Mexico
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Associate Electrical Engineer, Albuquerque, NM
Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Laser and Electro-Optical systems (LEOS) division is seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer (Level 2) to support and develop high performance Directed Energy and Electro-Optical Systems for a variety of customers and platforms. The engineer would work as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting the development of both directed energy and electro-optical systems.
- Design, integrate, and test a variety of electrical and electronic systems in support of Electro-optical and laser weapon systems.
- Review of system requirements to develop specifications and technical documentation in support of design reviews
- Hands on in laboratory checkout and test of prototype electronics including the ability to debug and troubleshoot electrical and electronics designs.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering/science disciplines
- 2+ years post college experience in the design, integration, and test of electrical systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- U.S. Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in the design of cables and wire harnesses for military environments.
- Experience with digital and/or analog PCB design, layout, and testing.
- Experience with design of electrical systems and hardware for military systems and environments
- Experience with space electronics and electrical systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.