Experienced Electro-Optical TechnicianAlbuquerque, New Mexico
Boeing Laser and Electro-Optical Systems (LEOS) in Albuquerque NM. is looking for highly skilled and adaptable Electro-Optical Technician to perform hands on build/test support on a multi-disciplinary team supporting the development of both directed energy and electro-optical systems.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Participates in test design of optical systems and performs routine procurement, fabrication and assembly of components, test fixtures and test systems.
- Facilitates systems integration, fabrication and modification; supports system pre-test setup, integration, checkout, and post test tear-down.
- Conducts routine tests, analyzes data and documents results.
- Troubleshoots basic laboratory and test-related problems.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with optical assembly and testing
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a lab environment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with theodolites and other precision optical alignment tooling
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with laser systems
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with optical test equipment
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More