Senior Electro-Optical EngineerAlbuquerque, New Mexico
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Laser and Electro-Optical systems (LEOS) is looking for a skilled Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Level 5) to provide support to the development of our high performance Directed Energy and Electro-Optical Systems. This position will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting the development of both directed energy and electro-optical systems. This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
- Develops and validates requirements for unique electro-optical, sensor, laser and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electro-optical requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate multiple systems into higher level systems and platforms.
- Leads development of trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements.
- Leads design of complex electro-optical and laser systems.
- Develops new and improved modeling and simulation techniques.
- Leads development and execution of critical tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Creates new tools to improve management of projects.
- Leads development of major sections of large-scale proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under consultative direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience Designing and/or leading the design of complex electro-optical systems.
- Experience with integration and test of large scale systems.
- Experience performing analysis on EO/IR systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Degree in Optical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Physics or other applicable field.
- Experience with integrating optical systems into platforms.
- Experience effectively communicating and collaborating on multi-discipline teams.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More