Project EngineerAmberley, Queensland
Boeing Defence Australia's Sustainment Services Division is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to lead development of engineering strategy and execution of engineering upgrades and flight testing in support of the RAAFs F/A-18 Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler program.
This role is based at RAAF Base Amberley.
This role is a senior project execution leadership position within the Super Hornet Physiological Episode Action Team (PEAT) team. This position provides the critical leadership role of engineering oversight of the multi-disciplinary engineering team.
As a Boeing Project Engineer you will apply your technical leadership experience to a broad range of Super Hornet projects to build the engineering strategy and execute the project technical scope and to engage effectively across the Boeing team, the Customer organisation and our industry partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of a multi-skilled engineering team to deliver complex engineering projects.
- Delivery of engineering scope against cost, schedule and technical measures.
- Management across full engineering lifecycle, including engineering estimation, planning and delivery against Statement of Work.
- Risk management of technical subcontractor management.
- Business development and growth actions as required.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in complex technical development and integration projects.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work effectively within a group environment and with people across all organizational levels.
- Understanding of earned value management, project management and business management practices.
- Experience with technical management of aerospace and / or defence projects highly regarded.
- Experience in delivering projects in an AUSDEFCON contract environment highly regarded.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.