Software Engineering ManagerAmsterdam, North Holland
AerData, a subsidiary of Jeppesen, and part of the Boeing Digital Solutions & Analytics team, is seeking a manager, software engineering to lead a team of software professionals in the design, creation, and execution of software solutions.
- Managing employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering
- Managing subordinate staff to include recruiting, training, performance and compensation management, motivating, delegating and monitoring results
- Creating a strong working relationship with AerData product managers, sourcing partners, technical leaders across the Digital Aviation & Analytics, and internal/external customers
- Developing and executing project and process plans, adherence to software quality and compliance requirements
- Providing oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Acquiring resources for projects and processes, providing technical management of suppliers, providing coaching and development opportunities for employees
- Interacting with senior management and customers in support of product sales and product performance
- Implementing Lean software development methodologies to achieve productivity and quality goals
- Preferred Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related subject), or equivalent qualification preferred
- At least 3 years of management experience in software development organizations
- A strong passion for software development and delivering value to customers
- Managing tactical communications and mitigations for all risks
- Experience managing production operations and have a thorough understanding of the entire software engineering lifecycle
- Prior experience working for global technology or aviation companies would be advantage
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Agile and LEAN methodologies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Scale Agile Framework would be advantage
- Skills in the operation of activities of major significance to the organization.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Pay will be determined at the local level. Successful candidates must have legal authorisation to work in The Netherlands for continued employment.
Relocation is not available with this role.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More