Data IntegratorAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH CI POLY OR CONTINGENT ON PASSING CI POLY.
Multiple locations: Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC
Boeing Intelligence and Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Software Developer/Data Integrator to join their proven high-caliber team. This contract work is challenging and the technology is leading edge.
The Software Developer/Data Integrator will:
- Work with a team of developers on data integration requirements.
- Write and maintain code using an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) platform to transform data to suitable formats as defined by IC ITE initiatives.
- Interface with external teams and systems to collect data via myriad protocols including HTML and SFTP
- Add features to ETL platform to shorten timelines for future data integration efforts.
- Develop and maintain code, and integrate software into a fully functional software system.
- Work with external teams to validate data ingest.
- Provide and maintain documentation of system architecture, development, and enhancements.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
REQUIRED Experience & Abilities:
- Linux/Unix experience
- Object Oriented programming language experience
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new skills
- Expertise in data ingestion, data transformation (ETL), and data modeling.
- Experience with Ruby, Java, or Python
- One year working with Restful web services
- Experience with code development, deployment, versioning
- Working in cloud architecture with AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, Elastic Search
- Experience with XML data formats including processing and translation with XSLT and XPath
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More