Data Scientist (Data Science)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
We’re looking for Data Scientists who can harness the power of data to help us create new innovations in aerospace. You’ll use advanced analytics to build the future.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Data Science employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Data Scientist (Data Science)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is seeking a highly-skilled, innovative Data Scientist to join its industry-leading Enterprise Insider Threat Program group located in Annapolis Junctions, MD.
The candidate will work closely with a skilled team of analysts, software engineers, and investigators. The data scientist will design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain new and existing, innovative analytical capabilities and products to support the mission of The Boeing Company’s Insider Threat Program: to identify, detect, assess, investigate, manage, and mitigate potential insider threats.
This position may offer remote work from the Annapolis Junction site, upon meeting qualifications.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Employs extensive and specialized knowledge in data analysis algorithms including: data mining, inferential statistics, mathematical optimization, machine learning, natural language processing, text mining, and visual analytics
- Works independently to learn the mathematical and statistical approaches and models already employed by The Boeing Company’s Insider Threat Program, and create and adapt new models to support their insider threat mission
- Maintains extensive and specialized ability to design and create new algorithms for the analysis of data to identify potential insider threats
- Demonstrates proficiency in evaluating the performance of existing algorithms, and makes improvements to enhance the fidelity and accuracy of them
- Thoroughly assesses business requirements to select appropriate algorithms and create descriptive statistical and mathematical models to solve analytical problems using insider threat data in support of the program’s mission
- Evaluates and validates correctness of complex models and analysis; assesses and confirms performance of models and analytical products; and evaluates and validates that models meet business objectives
- Performs preparation of complex data for analysis (e.g. cleansing, conditioning, transforming, filling in missing fields, identifying new feature variables and handling multi-variate data); organizes data for analysis appropriate for the volume of structured and unstructured data; identifies potential trouble areas and suitability of data and provides mitigation recommendations
- Interprets the outputs of complex data analysis to translate into actionable results and visualize meaningful trends and patterns
- Understands the insider threat mission in order to set goals that align with the Program’s mission (an understanding of cognitive learning and human behavior is a plus)
- Engages with other data scientists in the field and stays current on published works in the field of data analytics including predictive
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Strong communicators capable of communicating, advising, and collaborating clearly, concisely, and consistently with team members, partners, customers, and business stakeholders
- Strong background in analytical languages, techniques, and tools (preferably R Programming, RStudio, R Shiny)
- Independent self-starters
- Experience working in geographically-dispersed teams.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of corporate security and the insider threat problem domain and associated technologies and analytical methodologies
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.