DSP Software DeveloperAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
- We are looking for hardworking, dedicated software professionals to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting our national Cyber infrastructure.
- Our team is responsible for creating and maintaining core infrastructure components for a framework that is used across the enterprise and we are currently in need of top-notch developers to support this mission-critical development.
- Responsibility includes the development of new components (C++ and Python) to support mission-based systems. In addition to new development, we also support existing components across the enterprise to include the troubleshooting of fielded systems that are using the framework in operational environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 4 - 9 years of applicable software systems engineering experience, or
- 7 - 11 years of applicable software systems engineering experience.
- Our team is seeking smart, experienced engineers with solid software development background who are familiar with agile development techniques, to create new components and implement complex infrastructure baselines that are built on a Software Defined Radio (SDR) paradigm. Any experience with SDR is a definite plus.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing software applications.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Direct experience in the development of collection systems and/or related components within the IC
- Demonstrated hands-on development experience with
- Scripting language experience such as Python or Perl
- Multi-threaded software development
- Direct experience using CM tools such as Subversion/Trac or Git
- Direct development experience with Inter-Process Communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Device driver and/or embedded development education or experience
- Direct Development experience with SOA/middleware technologies such as ICE, CORBA, ESB, SOAP
In addition to the required skill list above, the ideal candidate will have some level of familiarity with the following:
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and/or protocol processing in software
- Experience with RF data acquisition hardware
- Direct experience with RF receiver equipment
- Direct experience with processing frameworks such as XMidas, SCA, GNURadio, etc.
- Experience with VITA49 or equivalent multicast, packet data transfer technique
- Working knowledge of commercial wireless standards
- Working knowledge of geolocation techniques such as TDOA, FDOA, etc. and geolocation services
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More