Front End Software Developer (Experienced)Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking TS/SCI polygraph cleared Front-End (UI) software developers to join the development team on one of our (many) prime programs.
This Prime Contract is in year one (1) of a five (5) year period of performance
Annapolis Junction, MD
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
- Sit at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Receive direct user feedback from product / mission outreach teams and continuously improve tools.
- Review/test software components and build your expertise by developing and executing comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twelve (12) years of development experience may be substituted for a Associates degree.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Eight (8) or more years of experience across the entire Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) that includes:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Software component testing plan development and hands-on testing.
- ​​ Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/service
- Linux based scripting using a server-side language (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.).
- Agile software development experience / understanding.
- Code management using Git & MAVEN
- Jira and/ or Confluence experience
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More