Full Stack Software EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Prime contract team.
Provides application development and support to tools that provide disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance, allowing mission analytic users to view the data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide full stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Modify services to maintain connections to external interfaces.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Implement Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineer to understand requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate with Outreach team in providing help desk Tier 3 support to users.
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers.
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical experience with:
- Eclipse Rich Client Platform
- RESTful Services
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Overseeing one or more software engineers
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Collaborating with system engineers deriving software requirements and system performance requirements
- Collaborating with system administration team for software installation and configuration
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More