Full-Stack Software DeveloperAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
***Telework is authorized for this position***
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Seven (7) years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Eleven (11) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph
- Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web or NodeJS applications
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- 7+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Experience with the Spring Application Framework
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Developing applications interfacing into relational and non-relational database applications (i.e. Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.