Linux System AdministratorAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE **
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator. Join this mature Prime contact and enjoy the benefits of working with a proven high-caliber team. The team applies skills in hardware/software/system architecture for cutting edge EW/RF Cyber applications in a tactical environment. The position involves the administration and configuration of Linux servers and workstations. This group offers upward mobility with the ability to strengthen technological capabilities.
· Provides LINUX administration support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
· Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
· Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
· Configures and manages LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
· Strong LINUX skills and experience working in a LINUX-based development environment
· Experience configuring and managing LINUX operating systems
· Experience installing/loading of operating system software, troubleshooting, maintaining system integrity, and configuring network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of working experience; OR
· 9+ years of working experience in a related field
· LINUX certification
· Strong networking background
· Experience maintaining SSPs
· Familiarity administering code repositories such as GIT and Subversion (SVN)
· Familiarity with the Agile (SCRUM) development methodology using continuous integration and delivery and Atlassian products
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More