Linux System AdministratorAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you apply skills in hardware/software/system architecture for cutting edge applications. The position involves the administration and configuration of Linux servers and workstations. The team and those we support are located across multiple sites spanning the continental US.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
- Provide LINUX administration support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Configures and manages LINUX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Linux System Administrator to join their team.
Work Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Telework Availability: No Telework Availability
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Strong LINUX skills and experience working in a LINUX-based development environment
- Experience configuring and managing LINUX operating systems
- Experience installing/loading of operating system software, troubleshooting, maintaining system integrity, and configuring network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- DoD 8570 / CWIP certification - Security +CE
- 3+ years in the Intelligence Community
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of working experience; OR
- 9+ years of working experience in a related field
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required) :
- LINUX certification
- Strong networking background
- Familiarity administering code repositories such as GIT and Subversion (SVN)
- Familiarity with the Agile (SCRUM) development methodology using continuous integration and delivery and Atlassian products
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.