Linux System AdministratorAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator. The team applies skills in hardware/software/system architecture for cutting edge applications. The position involves the administration and configuration of Linux servers and workstations. The team and those we support are located across multiple sites spanning the continental US.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide LINUX administration support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Configures and manages LINUX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Strong LINUX skills and experience working in a LINUX-based development environment
- Experience configuring and managing LINUX operating systems
- Experience installing/loading of operating system software, troubleshooting, maintaining system integrity, and configuring network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- DoD 8570 / CWIP certification - Security +CE
- 3+ years in the Intelligence Community
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of working experience; OR
- 9+ years of working experience in a related field
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required) :
- LINUX certification
- Strong networking background
- Familiarity administering code repositories such as GIT and Subversion (SVN)
- Familiarity with the Agile (SCRUM) development methodology using continuous integration and delivery and Atlassian products
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.