Principal Front-End DeveloperAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) PRIME contract is seeking a System Engineer / Product Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a suite of tools that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide Front-end (UI) / Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Nineteen (19) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical experience with:
- Serving as a technical lead of multiple software development teams, if required
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing applications interfacing into Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- Experience developing software services and applications within Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Performs software testing and troubleshoots software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Implementing operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Reviewing and/or approving system engineering documentation ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing and ensuring the technical integrity of the system baseline, continually updating as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
- Structured analysis and design methodologies
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Developing applications interfacing into relational and non-relational database applications (i.e. Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More