Principal Software EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking TS/SCI polygraph cleared Principal Front-End (UI) software developers to join the development team on one of our (many) prime programs.
Annapolis Junction, MD
Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
You will work with and manage the development of real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
Thus far, our team has created:
A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
- Lead and be part of a collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Develop data mining and ingest processes for new data, modify/ enhance existing application schema to support new data items and integrate with middle and back-end APIs.
- Recommend and select software components including hardware/software system trade-offs and software reuse.
- Translate system level requirements into individual software components
- Review/test software components and develop and execute comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
- Create, manage and update software security policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required and Twenty (20) years of software development experience OR Twenty Four (24) years of development experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
20+ years’ experience that includes
- Technical leadership of multiple software development teams and delegation of development and testing tasks across multiple teams.
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Oversight/management of software testing and quality control.
- Writing/reviewing software system documentation
- Mentoring junior team members
- TS/SCI polygraph clearance
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More