Senior Automated Test EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) PRIME contract is seeking a Web User Interface Application Tester to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The Web UI Application Tester will work with a team of principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide manual and automated Test and Evaluation support for the customer’s mission applications. The tester will review, develop, edit and run unit, component, and integration tests for the end to end evaluation of web applications. UI applications are run in various browsers. Provide specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned. The tester will also provide user support when required to communicate between the user community and the development team.
The experienced Web UI Application Tester for the Knowledge Management and Curation Team will provide the following Test and Evaluation support:
- Provide Front-end (UI) software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Implement automated tests using tools such as Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
- Provide Component, System, and Regression Tests within an agile development environment for a feature-based release model
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Providing feedback to the project team, software developers, and Government Program Manager (GPM) on test results and defects
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Test policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Document and maintain the test plan, test environments, and test event checklists for each test cycle.
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Note: Nineteen (19) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- The individual must be able to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Ability to provide overall leadership of the T&E task and serve as a liaison to the SCRUM Master for supporting test coordination and task execution, if required
- Perform software testing and troubleshoot software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- Test web applications interfacing with Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Test applications to validate 508 compliance
- Experience creating and implementing automated tests using tools such as Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
- Assisting with development, documentation, and execution of test procedures for software components
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Implementing operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Reviewing and/or approving system engineering documentation ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing and ensuring the technical integrity of the system baseline, continually updating as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
- Produce Test & Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Experience with running Linux based commands for debugging issues and work in a command line environment
- Familiarity with tools such as Jest, TestCafe, Cypress, etc.
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with browser tools for identifying issues (console log, network log)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More