Senior Linux System AdministratorAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Senior-Level Linux System Administrator to join our Prime contract team.
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The selected candidate will serve as the sole System and Network Administrator in a lab environment
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD (and Customer Site when needed)
DUTIES TO INCLUDE: Duties will include administering and troubleshooting systems running Linux
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields of applied science and 11 to 16 years applicable systems administrator experience; or
- 13 to 19 years applicable system administrator experience
- Certification in at least one of the following: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, or SSCP
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proficient with Linux and Solaris
- C/C++ and/or Java development experience
- Direct experience in the administration of collection systems and/or related components within the IC
- Experience serving as a System and Network Administrator in a lab environment
- Experience with software processing frameworks such as XMidas, SCA, GNURadio, etc.
- Vast experience with Linux, Windows, CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat Linnx installation and configuration.
- Experience in installation and configurations of server hardware, including RAID and SANs
- Server Network, Storage Device configuration management and experience
- System security, Policy procedures
- Work with developers to configure and maintain operating system platforms including virtualized environments
- Troubleshoot network connections utilizing Thin and Thick client platforms
- Work with developers to transfer unclassified code from unclassified development facility to classified production environment
- Install, configure and maintain operating system and host servers
- Create user accounts, set user group permissions, create user directories, and set ownership permissions
- Work with developers to tweak and customize user security settings to ensure data transport for systems integrity
- Monitor application network connection and data flow ensuring end user satisfaction
- Implement disaster preparedness plan, including remote backup and restore plan utilizing corporate COTS solution
- Install and update system server security patches ensuring consistent secure operating environment. Work closely with team developers to troubleshoot and correcgt any issues resulting from installed patches
- Coordinate equipment moves and ensure that system is tested and operational once installed
Special Tools/Applications Required/Work to be Performed:
- Hadoop Clusters
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.