Senior Software EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of it's Prime contracts team.
Duties will Include:
- Work with a team of developers supporting a high-profile, mission-critical report authoring tool with thousands of users
- Contribute to project planning, documentation, and new feature design through an Agile software process
- Improve software and system architecture for improved reliability and efficiency and develop new features and bug fixes
- Provide on-call, after-hours Tier III support on a rotating basis with other members of the team, and in coordination with organizations that provide Tier I and II support
- Assist and mentor junior developers
- Document and update data models, schemas, APIs, and other technical specifications as needed
The Senior-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of current development practices with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing, and experience developing solutions integrating and extending commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Additional Experience Desired:
- Apache NiFi
- Elastic Stack
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.