Senior System Administrator- Prime ContractAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Senior System Administrator to join their top-tier Prime contract team working as part of a small team on a critical mission system. The position will work primarily on a production system that supports the search and survey mission and that provides metadata to multiple partners throughout the IC.
- Support for a team of developers, operating primarily on MASH cloud resources
- Support teams charged with the design, development, maintenance, and improvements to system software and applications for Search and Survey systems
- Research and recommend software tools, network devices and processes
- Experience with Linux (version 7 or higher) Linux Administration
- Red Hat OpenStack/Centos MASH experience
- Install Patch and update Linux VM systems
- Infrastructure Management: Install and configure MASH VM Servers
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing computer environments
- Performing routine audit of systems and software
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Insure STN / STE compliance and system hardening requirements are met
- Install and configuring new hardware and software
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords, etc
- Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users
- Responsible for security of the system
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system
- System performance tuning.
- Configure, add, and delete file systems
- Build new development, test and production environments
- Install and configure infrastructure applications and support application integration.
- Assist Systems Engineers with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
- Maintain Linux-based systems as well as software backups and software development management tools. Utilize scripting tools to assist with routine system administrator tasks. Perform system updates, backups, anti-virus package installations and create and maintain user accounts.
- Configure and maintain network communications devices (e.g. routers, firewalls). Troubleshoot network problems.
- Provide technical support to system integration efforts in the lab and during field installations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in a technical discipline
- A minimum of 9 years experience computing delivery system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Providing problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Providing support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administering users system access to meet security requirements. Monitoring system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in SIGINT system development, integration or test & Proficiency
- A minimum of 5 years of computer operating system experience with LINUX based platforms including scripting and automation
- A minimum of 5 years of computer networking experience including node configuration and management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with router, firewall and other network communications equipment configuration, maintenance and management
Demonstrated experience in the following applications and processes:
- Linux System Administration – CENTOS 7
- PXE-Booting and Kickstart configuration
- IAVA Patching including POA&M Generation, Mission Outage Coordination, and Rollback Planning
- Experience with SEAR, UAM, EPO, VSEL, along with Nessus and TLS Compliance scanning and reporting
- PKI Server Certificates, LDAP Integration, SSP Maintenance and Updates
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience providing LINUX support in a production environment
- MachineShop administration
- IdM/IPA user and system identification management
- Automated Configuration Management experience (salt stack, ansible)
- LINUX scripting
- System management and control experience related to system hardening, STN/STE requirements
- Storage and file management including volume administration
- Extensive knowledge of scripts, commands and procedures related to server configuration
- Ansible automation
- GIT source control
- NGINX servers and proxies
- DNS Bind
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More