Senior System EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team on one of our many prime programs.
The Senior System Engineer is part of a team responsible for providing Systems Engineering support activities for Search and Survey systems. Serves as a key engineering person on projects for both customers and the project teams.
- Responsible for the integration of requirements, design, risk mitigation and technology of complex systems.
- Analyze system requirements and assist in design and development activities for complex systems
- Guide users and team members in formulating requirements, advise on viability of alternative approaches, and conduct and evaluate feasibility studies
- Seamlessly incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Provide technical assistance to Program Managers and provide technical recommendations of technologies, techniques or components to assist with meeting project goals and minimizing project risks
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill predevelopment activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirements analysis, functional analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost and schedule evaluations
- Provide systems engineering support at all levels of a system’s lifecycle
- Provide systems engineering support necessary to meet requirements for system upgrades, installation of new systems, and system replacements.
- Coordinate project schedules, development efforts, prioritize requirements and planning, track development cycles using Jira and monthly sprint planning.
- Monitor operational systems daily for collection, issues, output, and dataflow; report problems via ticketing process, recommend updates to operations
- Identify new collection opportunities, work with customers to understand signals, collection needs, analysis, processing, interface capabilities, mission support, requirements and necessary system upgrades
- Work with Operations group to identify and implement necessary system changes, training, updates, etc.
- Maintain all documentation, to include monthly and quarterly status briefings and reports, Confluence Pages, SOPs
- Interface with the community, attend working groups, provide status, training and overview updates, recommend integration efforts and other ways forward
- Interface with analysts for signals development needs, updates to database of signal processing instructions, discovery efforts, tracking new targets and understanding development needed to prosecute new signals.
- Travel as required for technical exchanges and requirements engineering activities with stakeholders at field sites.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- 5+ years experience designing and developing large-scale systems, containing multiple subsystems and requiring integration with external systems
- 5+ years experience focusing on all aspects of acquisition, requirements definition, system design, development, testing (to test plan development and execution for DT&E-l & H and OAT&E level testing), integration, delivery and training.
- 5+ years experience with collection systems
- Linux background – Red Hat or Cent OS. Package installation and configuration, networking, file management, secure shell and secure file transfer. Scripting is desirable but not required
DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- FORNSAT experience – experience with commercial satellite modems, GOTS demodulators, corporate data repositories, etc
- Experience with virtual machines, enterprise deployment tools, remote systems managem required) V-Center, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Understanding of satellite communications
- Understanding of STE/STN requirements and SSP process
- Work independently and as part of a team, highly-motivated self-starter
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities