Software Application TesterAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking TS/SCI polygraph cleared Software Application Testers to join the development team on one of our (many) prime programs.
This Prime Contract is in year one (1) of a five (5) year period of performance
Annapolis Junction, MD
Write, execute and report test cases performed for web-based applications and create various regression testing scenarios to evaluate effectiveness, quality, and scalability performance of web-based tools used across the customer enterprise and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC).
Your work will enable development teams to deploy quality products and support users by troubleshooting real-time use cases and help drive product improvement decisions in matters of national security.
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others in multiple product teams.
- Unique opportunities to work with UI/UX designers who manage the design – look and feel – of the application, as well as Mission Outreach teams who provide direct user feedback for continuous product improvement.
- Review and test software components and gain experience developing comprehensive system, performance, and design plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twelve (12) years of systems engineering and tester experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience with the following:
- Work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and/or provide guidance to all levels of team testers, as required.
- Testing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services.
- Software testing and troubleshooting of software issues for SIGINT systems using test-driven development frameworks .
- Experience testing applications for 508 compliance
- Full Systems Engineering Lifecyle (SELC) experience that includes seven (7) years or more of:
- Analyzing, translating, and managing user requirements and decompose into software requirements
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Experience developing automated test scripts (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI, Katalon)
- Experience working with applications which use NoSQL (i.e. MongoDb, Elasticsearch), advanced key store (i.e. REDIS), and/or relational (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) databases.
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More