Software EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A"), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a Software Engineer to join their top-tier team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years Software Engineering experience
​ 4 additional years of Software Engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Experience with JAVA or C++ or C# or other major programing languages
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
- Test Automation Tools such as J-Unit, Rational and others
- Elastic Search, My SQL, JIRA, GIT, MongoDB
- Cloud computing, HADOOP, PIG, etc.
- Other tools, Kubernetes, DOCKER, GRAPEVINE, AWS
- Real-time systems, large data sets, understanding of Test and Evaluation processes and strategies
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.