Software Systems Requirements EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
A Day in the Life (Just a Few of the Things You Will Do):
- Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
- Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
- Collaborate and support program segment teams to perform functional analysis and decomposition based on customer mission requirements.
​​​​​Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Software Systems Requirements Engineer to join their team.
Work Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Telework Availability: No Telework Availability
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical degree
- 9+ years of experience of performing up-front software system engineering tasks for a real time or non-real-time system using tools like Cameo and DOORS.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, in order to develop optimized requirements.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the software engineering lifecycles and application of relevant methodologies and toolsets, including requirements development and management, software architecture, and integration & test
- Writing & verbal skills, to communicate information effectively to the teams customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Author Software Requirement Specification for Software Item(s) to include functional requirements, external HW/SW interface definitions, and system constraints.
- Derive, decompose, and define software requirement through SysML modeling by creating Use Cases, Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Responsible for capturing and maintaining software requirements and traceability in DOORS.
- Support definition of program CONOPS, and Interface Control Documents.
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
​​​​​​​​​​​Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities