Sr. Software Developer - Front EndAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Sr Software Developer to join our Prime contract team.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The senior software developer will use provide rapid development to include iterations of data evolution, data analysis, and techniques to enhance the presentation of complex data for the analysts.
- Recommend and/or utilize technologies and approaches in developing new applications.
- Optimize the visual display of the data using techniques to enable discovery and value extraction.
- Collaborate with customer team, user experience (UX) strategist, and data visualization designer to generate web-based user interfaces.
- Maintain awareness of current visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies.
- Evaluate, manipulate, format, and analyze data in preparation for visual presentation.
- Utilize rapid prototyping technologies and techniques to demonstrate visualization solutions.
- Build, test, and evaluate various data presentation techniques working with data scientist’s algorithms and human factors engineers.
- Prepare software and supporting artifacts for deployment to production or transfer to other development teams.
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Experience with JSON APIs
- Experience using Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of consuming and writing web services
- Familiar with Git for version control
- Familiar with Maven
- Familiar with Accessibility requirements (i.e. 508 compliance requirements)
- Knowledge of using Tomcat
- Knowledge of MALLET to for information extraction
- Knowledge of using D3 or any other framework to generate tables or Highcharts
- Experience writing code using Python / Jupyter Notebook
- Experience in Kibana, Splunk, Qlik, or other query and data visualization / dashboard products
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Build the future with us
We’re hiring experienced Information Technology professionals in Las Cruces, New Mexico and Springfield, Virginia.Learn More
CAREER EVENT | SEPT 19 HERNDON, VA
Meet hiring managers to discuss opportunities for experienced engineers.Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More