Sr. Software EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Prime contract team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This senior software engineer will work with a team of senior team members to design, architect and develop COTS dashboards. The software engineer will utilize ELK Stack, Splunk, or Qlik in configuring and/or managing monitoring /logging solutions.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE: The experienced software engineer will:
- Install, configure and test software
- Design, architect and develop COTS dashboards
- Perform and/or manage Splunk architecture and implement fixes for technical issues. Knowledge of COTS/Business Intelligence products (SPLUNK, QlikSense/View, Tableau)
- Evaluate analytical and visualization software
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 15 years SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior/mid-level/ junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- At least 8 years developing SW using Java programming language. At least 6 years of this experience must have been obtained in the last 8 years.
- At least 6 years demonstrated experience developing SW for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 5 - 7) OS. At least 2 years of this experience must have been obtained within the last 4 years.
- Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of 6 years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; generated at least 5 documents in support of a SW development project.
- Exp. designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Experience developing production-quality applications using Commercial off The Shelf tools.
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Rancher, Salt, Docker, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as an ELK Stack, Splunk, or Qlik
- Familiar with Splunk development
- System installation procedures and application deployments
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP NDS, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- Knowledge of the following:
- Linux cgroups
- Web/Dashboard development
- Java SE 5+, java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- REST/Web architecture
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Basic understand of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) with an ability to write COTS LOAD scripts, write file processors, and validate data
- ETL frameworks such as NiagraFiles
- Understand the COTS data layer and architecture
- Ability to architect data to provide optimal performance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More