Systems EngineerAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intellignece & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a System Engineer to join their team.
Looking for a versatile system engineer to monitor and troubleshoot a complex messaging and analytic tool system. Manage all installed systems and infrastructures. Duties include installations, testing, configuring and maintaining operating systems, application software and system tools. Ensuring optimal availability and minimal down time.
- Installs, monitors, and troubleshoots system software and hardware
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- May work in a consulting capacity across multiple tasks or contracts.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
- Oversees systems tests and monitors test results and corrective actions.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 8+ years of related experience
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree plus 8 years of relatable work experience (additional experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Security Plus Certification
- Operating System Certification (Windows, RedHat, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Databases, PLSQL preferred
- Knowledge of AWS Operations
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.