Technical WriterAnnapolis Junction, Maryland
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) a PRIME contract is seeking a Technical Writer to join their top-tier team. This position will be required for up to 6 months
This position requires an active TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH.
Title: Technical Writer with a Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated technical writer to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting our national Cyber infrastructure. Our team is responsible for creating and maintaining core infrastructure components for a framework that is used across the enterprise and we are currently in need of a top-notch technical writer to rewrite and organize a 500 page user manual to support this mission-critical development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) to six (6) years' experience as a technical writer.
- Experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, technical writing, costs & risk and supportability and effectiveness analysis at the system level.
- Experience with the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including release notes, product documentation web site, and product user manual. Writing and maintaining technical documentation to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creating and maintaining product user manuals and release notes.
- Experience researching highly technical subject matter, organizing information from multiple sources, and expressing technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Experience writing technical copy for various types of documents for the program or product.
- Experience applying concepts for technical writing based on engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Coordinates layout and design of documents
- Direct experience in the National SIGINT field
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written format and ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Experience with LINUX/Unix
- Experience with CM tools such as GIT
- Experience with using Hugo for building and maintaining documentation web sites
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More