Boeing Business Internship Program (Paid) Summer 2021 - Government AffairsArlington, Virginia; Huntsville, Alabama; Portland, Oregon; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Huntington Beach, California; Germantown, Maryland; El Segundo, California; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Titusville, Florida; Menlo Park, California; Plano, Texas; Ridley Park, Pennsylvania; Tukwila, Washington; North Charleston, South Carolina; John F Kennedy Space Center, Florida; Englewood, Colorado; Fairfax, Virginia; Annapolis Junction, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; Seal Beach, California; Mukilteo, Washington; Long Beach, California; Puyallup, Washington; Renton, Washington; Dallas, Texas; St Louis, Missouri; SeaTac, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Everett, Washington; Kent, Washington; Mesa, Arizona; New Orleans, Louisiana
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is looking for passionate, motivated students to join our team this summer as a government affairs intern. Boeing Government Operations is responsible for all company advocacy and outreach to federal, state, and local U.S. government and other key stakeholders. We protect and advance the company’s interests, competitiveness, and reputation, helping win business for Boeing programs and shaping public policy that allows us to compete.
During this internship, you’ll work with your leader to develop assignments that expand on your current skills and enhance your professional development.
We are recruiting interns for the following teams, and will assign interns based on preferences and skill.
- Defense, Space & Security: acts as company liaisons with the Pentagon, NASA, and the Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Legislative Affairs: engages with Congress and federal agencies to advance and protect Boeing’s policy and program priorities
- National Strategy & Engagement: targets local communities through state & local government relations, corporate philanthropy, and grassroots mobilization, and shapes national advocacy strategies through strategic partnerships
- International Operations & Policy: partners with foreign embassies, international trade & business groups, and government on all matters related to foreign sales, visa and export policy, and other international issues
- Enterprise Subsidiary Integration: works with Boeing’s subsidiaries and joint ventures to tell a cohesive Boeing story that advances business goals and supports revenue growth
Interns will be expected to have strong research and communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Dependent on the division that you support, job duties will include:
- Working closely with high-level leaders and lobbyists to provide briefs, support analysis, and draft other presentations and documentation
- Providing assistance and coordination to company-wide leaders on issues regarding the impact of government’s activities
- Tracking internal and external issues relevant to the division’s focus area, such as legislation, regulations, news releases, and other events
- Supporting other critical operations activities as required
The Summer 2021 Business Internship Program will mainly be held via telecommuting, which does not require applicants to live near applicable location(s), during the Summer 2021 Intern Program.
Some of these positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of these positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2021
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer
- Passion for the aerospace industry
- Academic excellence (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Previous business or related internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Majoring in one of the following: public policy, political science, economics, international relations, or a related field
- The ability to telecommute
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $48,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.