DevOps EngineerArlington, Virginia
This BI&A PRIME contract is seeking a DevOps Systems Engineer to join a cloud orchestration team.
DevOps Systems Engineer duties include:
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/ integration infrastructure on 5 disparate networks.
- Build and maintain highly available systems using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement an auto-scaling system for our Kubernetes nodes.
- Build and maintain capacity plans to include cloud based and on-prem deployments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Technical Field. Four years of relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience performing and providing technical support to hardware, software, and applications.
- Experience with container networking on Docker.
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Experience with container orchestration
Technical experience to include:
- 3+ years managing Amazon Web Services (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, ELB, ASG, etc.) is required, as well as a solid understanding of the different services AWS provides
- Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven or Gradle)
- Strong professional experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Ansible, CloudFormation, SaltStack or other equivalents
- Understanding of AWS VPC, network management, and datacenter operations
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
- Fluency in at least on scripting/code language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java.
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, cashing REST, and scale out.
- Experience implementing and supporting Continuous Integration processes.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More