Splunk EngineerArlington, Virginia
As a Splunk Engineer on the Chimera project you'll install, configure, and troubleshoot deployments. You'll coordinate with cloud brokers, app developers, customer and users to translate architecture and functional requirements into an effective solution. Qualified candidates should be able to administer Splunk as well as develop customer facing dashboards, the position is located in Crystal City, Virginia.
• BS degree and/or 4+ years of technical experience
• Overall experience of 6 years in application design and development in a distributed environment using Java/J2EE technology.
• 3 years of SPLUNK Development experience developing dashboard with SPL.
• 3 years of SPLUNK Administration experience
• Experience integrating multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/business applications into a near, real-time dashboard for use in troubleshooting
• Experience creating and managing Splunk knowledge objects (field extractions, macros, event types, etc)
• Experience utilizing both pre-built dashboards/add-ons within SPLUNK system and customized SPLUNK dashboards and search queries.
• Experience capturing applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive SPLUNK monitoring and alerting of production systems.
• On-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Hands on exposure on shell scripting and Unix/Linux/Windows System Administration
• Automate Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
• • Expert-level capabilities with regular expression
• Awareness of how to handle null data and its impact on statistical analysis
• Thorough knowledge of Regular Expressions
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More