51108-029; Inspector Mag Part & Pentrnt AAuburn, Washington
- Inspectors in this position set up, adjust and operate magnetic particle and liquid dye penetrant processes to accept/reject aerospace parts, assemblies, and ground support by inspecting and interpreting magnetic indications or penetrant surface discontinuities revealed.
- Interpret standards governing acceptance or rejection, make decisions relative to questionable flaws and coordinate with metallurgy, X-ray, etc., groups to obtain analysis of defects.
- Compile reports relative to magnetic particle and/or penetrant inspection results and new procedures.
- Receive work assignment from team leader, supervisor, priority list, Non-conformance Management System (NCM), Material Processor Requirements Facilitator (MPRF), ready to work area or use on-line information systems to establish job priorities.
- Receive/obtain parts with appropriate paperwork/on-line instructions per required procedures Verify all paperwork/on-line instructions (e.g., manufacturing order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items, and any other necessary documents) are complete, accurate and current.
- Obtain and/or set up the detail part for magnetic particle/penetrant inspection, as required.
- Perform process control checks (e.g., bath concentration, light intensity, temperatures) on magnetic particle/penetrant chemicals, liquids, and equipment at required intervals (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly) to ensure they meet specifications, as required.
- Develop and submit magnetic particle technique sheet to appropriate Boeing Level 3 Non-destructive specialist for approval, prior to first part inspection.
- Move parts to magnetic particle/penetrant inspection equipment using appropriate material handling equipment, as required.
- Apply magnetic field to part (e.g., circular, longitudinal), using stationary/portable equipment.
- Flow florescent particle bath over part, inspect for defects (e.g., cracks, seams) under darkened conditions with a ultra violet (UV) black light, per drawing and specifications.
- Apply penetrant to part (e.g., dip, spray, brush), process through system using manual method and/or computer menu (e.g., wash, dry, develop), inspect part under darkened conditions with (UV) black light for defects, per drawing and specifications.
- Identify and document discrepancies.
- Secure non-conforming items in the appropriate area in order to maintain control and traceability.
- Perform inspection of rework per engineers' disposition.
- Interface with internal/external organizations (e.g., engineering, planning, suppliers, metallurgical laboratory, Material Review Board, Quality Assurance Investigation) to provide clarification and/or additional information.
- Verify certifications of tools and equipment.
- Handle and monitor the use and disposing of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Confined space work/access is required at times to support rework on the airplane.
- Employees crawl through an opening 17.75" X 10.00" in order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Contact team leader/supervisor/Boeing Level 3 when assistance is needed.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More