Blue Streak Mechanic - 14308Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Blue Streak Mechanic to join our teams supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes based out of Auburn or Renton, WA!
- Obtain work order from incoming rack; work from schedules or hot list.
- Obtain drawings if not with Work Order (W/O).
- Read W/O and drawings to determine work to be accomplished.
- Order any special details and/or standards that are required by the W/O or engineering drawing.
- Check material against W/O for correct quantity, alloy, temper, and for acceptance by Quality Assurance (QA).
- Check for damage prior to starting job. Develop three-dimensional flat patterns using sheet metal practices and shop mathematics including geometry, trigonometry and layout and lofting methods.
- Fabricate temporary fixtures to form sheet metal tube or duct parts involving compound curves and/or angles.
- Check set-up and shop aids per drawing dimension, as required.
- Develop true views, patterns and/or layout from non-true view.
- Layout locations on parts for holes, angles, bends, and cutouts from drawings, patterns, or templates, as required.
- Cut to size, bend, punch, and dimple sheet metal parts and duct parts.
- Break sharp edges as required.
- Select drills, reamers, and/or countersinking tools for pilot and full size holes per drawing, W/O, or tool instructions.
- Drill, spotface, countersink, and tap (if required) holes to correct size using drill motor or drill press.
- Set countersink to proper depth.
- Disassemble parts and deburr holes using chip chaser, deburring tools, and files to break sharp edges to prepare for installation of fasteners.
- Solvent clean surfaces prior to applying sealant or assembling.
- Apply alodine, primer, sealant, adhesives, or other special finishes as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous material (e.g., paints sealants, solvent) in approved manner.
- Determine/obtain correct type and size fasteners from storage area.
- Assemble parts using rivets and bolts with correct tools such as rivet squeeze, lock bolt puller, rivet gun, bucking bar, power screwdriver, or ratchet per engineering requirements.
- Fit and assemble components using appropriate jigs, fixtures and shop aids per drawing, as required.
- Perform first part check for conformance to required specifications, as required.
- Mark parts using rubber stamp, virbo-engraver, steel stamps, identification tape, stencils, and/or tags as required by W/O or specification.
- Sell completed or in-process checks at appropriate steps in sequence.
- Rework and/or incorporate changes, as required, to assemblies to meet engineering specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering to develop solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Leave oral or written tie-ins for following shifts.
- Maintain personal and tool certifications as required.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ Years of experience experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions in English.
- 1+ Years of experience do you have using basic math (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- 1+ years of experience do you have using hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ Years working flight line, ADG, or final assembly.
- 1+ Years of experience with fabrication of airplane parts or temporary tooling.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 2nd shift.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $23.00 - $46.58
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities