Boring Machine OperatorAuburn, Washington
Completely and independently set up, operate, adjust, etc., assigned boring machines (such as Lucas, DeVlieg, or "G & L" types) to rough out and finish machine to quality requirements and specifications any assigned boring requiring the coordination of hole tolerances in more than two planes and surfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gages, tools, etc., necessary to set up machines and/or check machined parts for finish and dimensions.
- Select and secure proper tools, fixtures, machine attachments, equipment, etc., to expeditiously accomplish assigned work, and as required, devise and make precision checking fixtures to check own work.
- Work with and interpret charts, table, blueprints, handbook formulas, sketches, verbal orders, job layouts, etc., and useshop mathematics including trigonometry.
- Do own layout for assigned work.
- Perform any bench work necessary to finish parts to required quality specifications.
- Sequence own work operations.
- Responsible for full utilization of machine capacities and minimizing the amounts of machining and numbers of setups.
- Grind own tools.
- Use and adjust feed of oils and coolants.
- Perform any milling and reaming operation that may be accomplished on boring mills.
- Detect faulty tools and replace same.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Requires 3 to 5 years related machine shop experience
- Basic trigonometry, geometry, and machinist mathematical skills
- Detailed knowledge of CNC machining technique
- The ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Proficient at reading and understanding measuring devices
- Proficient at reading and understanding blueprints and shop drawings
- Familiarity with Fanuc controls
- Familiarity with a variety of CNC concepts, practices, and procedures with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More