Journeyman ElectricianAuburn, Washington; Everett, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Renton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Tukwila, Washington
Maintain, install and repair electrical building systems and associated electronic systems to board level, typical of which are secondary power distribution systems, boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, generators, doors and 400 cycle aircraft power distribution systems.
Maintain, install and repair electrical equipment and systems typical of which are production manufacturing process and material processing equipment and systems, proportional integral derivative (PID) feedback loops, open loop systems, portable welding equipment and ground support equipment. Perform testing, servicing, diagnosis, troubleshooting, adjusting, repair and replacement of electrical systems.
Plan, sequence and perform diagnostic analysis through operation of machinery, equipment, etc. and/or observation of such operations, and/or through analysis of information provided through test equipment, equipment self-diagnostic systems or computer aided diagnostic systems. Develop and establish methods to accomplish required maintenance, repair, retrofit or modification of equipment and machinery. Maintain, install and repair electrical primary power distribution systems.
Perform primary and secondary test on electrical breakers during routine maintenance. Replace, update and retrofit breakers as required. Perform routine tests on high voltage switches and protective relays, using high-potential test equipment (Hipot), replace high voltage switch or protective relay, as required. Monitor current, voltage, frequency and watt-hours at sub-stations using monitoring systems and/or equipment. Coordinate with others to facilitate prime power activities. Install and connect electrical power circuits and electronic control systems of Plant Facilities, and perform necessary corrective operations and adjustments at the time of installation to insure facilities operate as required. Determine power and load requirements, wire size and conduit requirements, current required and demand load with respect to distance from power source.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
• Frequently (3-6 Hrs) Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation.
• Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
• This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
• This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
• Able to communicate clearly both verbal and written in English.
• High school graduate or GED preferred.
• Journeyman License is preferred but not required.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More