Electrical & Avionics EngineersAustralia
The Organisation –
Boeing Defence Australia's Aerospace Engineering & Production Capability provides engineering teams with the appropriate expertise, processes and tools to execute aircraft design, repair and continuing airworthiness capabilities supporting Defence's Boeing-managed aircraft fleets.
We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop and deliver critical operational capabilities to support their mission now and into the future.
The Opportunity -
We are seeking an Avionics Engineers to join our team supporting the cutting edge Airpower Teaming System (ATS). In this role you will facilitate the development of the ATS production system design. We are looking for someone who will embrace our company's behaviours and is willing to innovate.
Boeing is taking another bold step in aerospace and advanced manufacturing. ATS is the first military aircraft to be designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia in more than 50 years. The first aircraft prototype, called the Loyal Wingman, was unveiled with the Royal Australian Air Force in May last year. This unmanned teaming aircraft is Boeing's first military aircraft to be designed and developed outside the U.S and uses artificial intelligence to extend the capabilities of manned and unmanned platforms. This cutting edge project is aiming to unlock global defence and aerospace opportunities for Boeing and Queensland.
We have roles located in Brisbane, Adelaide, RAAF Base Williamtown and Amberley.
We are looking for people who will embrace our company's behaviours and values and who are willing to innovate.
As an Avionics Engineer on the ATS platform you will:
- Work with customers to develop and document electrical and avionic system requirements
- Analyse and translate requirements into system architecture, interface specifications, wiring design and electrical equipment installation design
- Test and validate designs to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Provide Engineering support for electrical and avionics systems over the product lifecycle
- Hold an Electrical, Avionics or related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- Participating in engineering activities including design development and engineering investigations relating to aircraft electrical, radar, communications, navigation and electronic warfare subsystem designs
- Developing engineering artefacts within the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment
- Supporting Engineering initiatives as required
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
About Us –
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.