Procurement Field RepBaguio City, Cordillera
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing is looking for a Procurement Field Rep based out of Baguio, Philippines to perform supplier management activities to support enterprise services. This position will assist in the development and execution of plans to solve service delivery problems across business units in Philippines and/or Southeast Asia, and perform other office administrative tasks as required.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs on-site supplier assessment, participates with the procurement agent in on-site supplier assessments (e.g. preferred supplier certification, proof of process, production rate readiness) to identify supplier capacity and capability to perform current and projected work statement and support Boeing procurement strategy.
- Evaluates overall supplier health and resources to determine viability.
- Identifies improvement opportunities to enhance supplier capability.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to implement new processes or improves existing processes and reports back to management and make recommendation to procurement agent. Assesses supplier resource plan and reports results to supervisor/procurement agent.
- Monitors plans and activities to ensure that suppliers produce conforming and compliant products on time. Uses project management tools as required.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains priorities for deliveries of products, services and data that support necessary supplier contractual corrective actions and resolution of issues (e.g. poor schedule performance product and productivity issues) to ensure contractual compliance.
- Monitors suppliers' performance-to-plan to ensure compliance to contractual requirements and provides status back to supervisor and procurement agent.
- Co-facilitates with the supplier for the development of a recovery plan and unplanned demand requirements.
- Identifies problems, develops recovery plans and monitors supplier performance-to-plan to ensure compliance to contractual requirements.
- Provides or recommends training and mentoring on business and manufacturing practices to improve or enhance supplier delivery performance.
- Communicates across functions (e.g. procurement agent’s suppliers internal customers field quality engineering manufacturing) to report status and concerns.
- Provides assistances, monitors work movement projects (permanent offloads, on-load, supplier to supplier) by verifying the elements of the work movement plans (e.g. process approvals, schedule compliance, risk and mitigation plans) are credible, on schedule to support seamless transition.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint. MS Project or similar project management tool is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, aerospace engineering is preferred.
- Possesses critical thinking, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Flexible and open mindset with an ability to perform in a dynamic international environment with a shifting work statement and priorities. A willingness and desire to take on new tasks that may be outside normal daily operations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Proactive service ownership and problem solving mindset. Ability to partner with process owners to resolve issues, drive continuous improvement and adhere to project and reporting deadlines.
- Experience communicating both written and verbal status to senior leadership.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with colleagues in English across teams in Philippines, Southeast Asia and other countries in the region.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is a negotiable benefit for this position.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.