Advanced Materials ResearcherBeijing, Beijing Municipality
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- The Advanced Materials Researcher will reports to the Regional Manager of Boeing Research & Technology China (BR&T-C) and is responsible for leading materials related research activities in Boeing Research & Technology China.
- This position will support the Advanced Materials Program Lead of BR&T-C in developing and executing manufacturing and materials research strategies in composite and chemical technology, and managing external research providers.
- The incumbent will also act as a liaison between Research collaborators in China and Boeing materials R&D teams in the US & when necessary provide technical support to manufacturing activities conducted by Boeing or Boeing’s suppliers in China.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- To work with Advanced Materials Program Lead of BR&TC on development of research strategy and corresponding research portfolio.
- Identify unique research capabilities in China and initiate new projects, through developing collaborative partnership with research providers that aligns with BR&T-C research strategy.
- Manage R&D projects to develop innovative and indigenous technologies that are mutually beneficial to Boeing and China.
- Provide solutions to technical issues relating to use of advanced materials and processes in the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Support Boeing or supplier activities or manufacturing issues as needed.
- Manage research providers and review project progress on regular basis to ensure projects meeting schedule, budget and technical objectives.
- Develop technical alliances with Boeing US materials research community to ensure alignment with Boeing’s business needs and maximize Boeing research investment value.
- Become a catalyst for innovation and continuous improvement initiatives in daily research activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- Occasional travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Broad knowledge of composite materials research in China and good networking with key research providers
- Proficient knowledge of properties and typical applications for polymer matrix composite including: carbon fiber reinforced composite, fiberglass reinforced composite, and other particulate reinforced composite, etc.
- Familiar with composite manufacturing processes, such as prepregs, lay-up, compression molding, filament winding, resin transfer molding, pultrusion, and extrusion method, etc.
- Knowledge of polymer properties and synthesis, composite modification, and standard materials characterization techniques.
- Ability to define, initiate and manage research projects to achieve desired outcomes, on time and within budget is required.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team towards common goals but with separate but often crossing areas of responsibility.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Excellent / Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chinese
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Basic degree is required or preferable (PhD holders) in Materials Science/Engineering, or Chemical Engineering.
- Certification in courses relating to Production and Process Engineering are a plus.
- Minimum of three years relative work experience is preferred.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6F4BI3 (618) - MP&P Engineer 3 (MP&P Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More