Electronic and Communication ResearcherBeijing, Beijing Municipality; Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research & Technology China (BR&T-C) is seeking an Electronic and Communication Researcher, reporting to the R&D manager for BR&T-C. The Electronic and Communication Researcher will be responsible for managing research projects and external research providers, with a focus on wireless and wired communication technologies that will improve the data communication inside aircraft and between aircraft and ground in support of Boeing China’s country strategy. The selected candidate will also liaise with research collaborators in China as well as Boeing Research & Technology and Global Services team in the US. Occasional travel is required.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Execute research strategy of data communication/ connectivity technology for mutual benefits of Boeing and local aviation industry.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Develop technical alliances with Boeing Airspace Operational Efficiency team and connectivity research community to ensure alignment.
- Become a catalyst for innovation and continuous improvement initiatives in daily research activities.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in communication or avionics area and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in data communication and networked systems, both wired and wireless, i.e. mobile network and Satcom.
- Be familiar with global/industry standards, communication protocols and various technologies.
- Project management skills.
- Have strong communication and inter-personal skills in order to forge strong working relationships with both internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Proven ability to work in multidiscipline teaming environments.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Master and above degree in Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science & Technology, Electronic Engineering, or other related majors will be desired.
- Prior research/ project experience in aviation related industry.
This position offer one time relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country/ region where the position is located.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award