Global Sustainability Policy and Partnerships Regional LeadBeijing, Beijing Municipality; Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth.
We believe sustainability begins with a focus on environmental stewardship, social progress and inclusion, and values-based, transparent governance. Advancing environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities is a focus for the company globally. To that end, Boeing is seeking an experienced Global Sustainability Policy and Partnerships Regional Lead to join our Global Sustainability Policy & Partnerships team as the Regional Lead based in either Beijing or Shanghai. This team contributes to public policy and partnership development for the Company and is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and engaged professional to serve as a valuable contributor toward our public policy and partnership objectives in the field of Sustainability.
- Track and analyze pending and existing regulation, legislation, news releases and public policy issues in the area of aerospace environmental policies, national climate policies, and the wider ESG space.
- Partner with relevant colleagues around the globe to develop and advance an effective policy agenda. Specifically, coordinate with Boeing Government Operations teams in the US and the leadership in Boeing’s global offices to ensure alignment.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to inform and guide the company position and resulting advocacy plans in order to best represent the interests of the company. Specifically, advocate for policies that support and incentivize the scaling of Sustainability Aviation Fuels (SAF) for aerospace, regulatory frameworks that support an energy transition (including, but not limited to, renewables and hydrogen), as well as advocate for R&D opportunities and funding.
- Develop and nurture relationships with external institutional stakeholders, including government and non-governmental organizations, customer and supplier coalitions, business associations, and policy-oriented think tanks. Identify areas of mutual interest and strengthen the company position through a joint sphere of influence.
- Collaborate with Boeing business units (commercial and services) and relevant functions (e.g. Enterprise Sustainability, Engineering, etc.) to understand and help advance their strategies, goals, and business activities through engagements in the Sustainability space.
- Identify and help develop relevant external partnership and collaboration opportunities in the area of “sustainable aviation”, with particular focus on SAF.
- Build strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational partnerships internally to improve processes and develop innovative solutions together.
- Work with Boeing Capital to help cultivate financing opportunities as applicable.
- Partner with the Communications function and others to help tell the exciting story of Boeing’s track record and future ambition in the area of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG).
- Identify relevant forums to engage new audiences and to stimulate conversations around the progress made and work ahead toward further reducing aviation’s carbon footprint.
- Externally represent the company’s sustainability commitment and interest by attending and speaking at conferences, on panels, and at industry (business, technology) expert workshops.
This position requires detailed knowledge of and relationships with key regulators and industry partners in the area of Sustainability. The selected successful candidate will have proven ability to engage and inspire multiple internal and external stakeholders to drive involvement and meaningful change on environmental, social, and governance topics. Ideally, the candidate will have worked in the field of climate policy and/or business development. The successful candidate will have a natural propensity to build relationships and strong business acumen to assess strengths and weaknesses of projects developed in the aviation sustainability space. Above all, the selected successful candidate will be a team player with a passion for sustainability and enthusiasm for the aviation industry. This position will require approximately up to 50% travel within the Region of responsibility.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher and typically more than 8 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in government relations or a related field (Politics, Campaigns, Public affairs and/or issue advocacy etc.)
- Solid experience and track record in collaborating across a team environment and ability to multi-task.
- Fluent in both written and verbal English and Chinese
- Work experience within the government, political organizations, think tanks, or other related roles
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Masters/JD or other relevant advanced degree
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners
- Experience in government, government relations, and/or business development, preferably in (but not limited to): Sustainability start-up, global regulator, an Embassy, or Government Affairs office.
- Strong passion for politics, public policy, political science, and innovative partnerships.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 4 years' related work experience).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. The role can be based in either Beijing or Shanghai, dependent on the candidate’s current location.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position, Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.