Beijing, Beijing Municipality
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
The Reliability Engineer position will be under general direction of the China Service Center. He or she will provides fleet support and guidance on aircraft reliability to our airline customers in China to support safety, capacity and efficiency in the aviation industry. He or she will also provide training workshops to the customer and supports Boeing products and the Boeing China Initiatives & able to facilitate discussions in multiple language.
1. Researches and performs basic analysis of maintenance or operational data to identify reliability requirements for Chinese airlines
2. Assists customers to clarify basic requirements; interprets and translates routine requirements into functional specifications
3. Assists in the development and execution of moderately complex tests to validate system functionality against specification
4. Support special reliability projects using professional data acquisition, analyzing & data mining skills in a wide range of subjects
5. Provide support to airline customers in China by resolving or facilitating operational issues, evaluating customer data to improve efficiency and reliability
6. Instructor for Reliability workshops provided to our airline customers in China
7. Build and maintain close relationships with airlines; communicate related activities to Boeing China leaderships, and Boeing internal management
8. Build and maintain close relationships with internal Boeing teams in China and the United States
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, local hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Deep knowledge / experience in data acquisition, processing / data mining
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concept
- Solid knowledge of Statistics
- Experienced in Tableau, SQL/HQL, Python, SPSS
- Database knowledge like Oracle, Access etc.
- Good command of English and Mandarin (read, write, listen/speak, professional level proficiency)
- Wide range of knowledge in aviation, aviation industry, and Boeing products/services is a plus
Excellent people skills, communication skills, and relationship skills. Coordinate and build relationships with the customers, manage special projects with customers and coordinate information/issues with internal Boeing organizations.
Work under minimum direction from Manager of China Service Center
Time management skills, project management skills.
Complete the major projects. The results of these activities can have significant impact on special projects with the airline customers, China Initiative teams or the CAAC.
Represents the organization by providing solutions on difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Must be able to develop a wide range of external and internal relationships (English and Mandarin).
Typical Education / Experience:
Engineering degree on Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics and typical experience in data analyze / data mining industry: Bachelor’s and 5 or more years’ experience preferred, Master’s with 3 or more years’ experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.