Beijing, Beijing Municipality
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Jeppesen, A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of commercial aviation! For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions. With us, you will work with breakthrough technology, exciting customers and fantastic colleagues from around the world. Our cooperation with world leading customers such as Lufthansa, British Airways, Delta Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Deutsche Bahn and Qantas creates a dynamic international business environment. Furthermore, we solve some of the most complex optimization problems in the world. We are passionate about making even the most complex simple and transparent for our customers.
The Crew Implementation department is responsible for the customization and delivery of our Crew management products to airline customers and to make sure that we deliver solutions that our customers truly need.
We are looking for a developer with strong communication skill both inside a team and towards clients who can explain decisions and technical solutions in a pedagogical and confident way. You will be part of a skilled development team that values diversity and learns from each other. Your tasks will include understanding the client’s needs, capturing requirements, writing design specifications, developing software, verifying quality and testing, deployment and integration.
- The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing China. This position involves working closely with other development teams in Sweden, Singapore, Canada and US.
- The selected individual will require to work closely with airline customers to understand their business requirements and deliver customized solutions to meet their KPIs.
- This selected individual will be required to solve real business problems for the customer using our products with demonstrated ROI.
- This position develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with global team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing China organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement etc.
- This position will require some travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering is required and a Master degree is preferred.
- 2 + years of experience in software development
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in any programming language
- Good experience in shell scripting (and/or other scripting language under Linux environment)
- Experience for System integration and Linux environment knowledge.
- Experience in using versioning systems (Mercurial) and continuous delivery process is preferred.
- Hands-on experience using Agile development processes and tools.
- Fast learner, strong orientation to problem solving is required.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This role requires working directly with customers so strong customer facing skills is preferred.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and high ethics.
- Airline experience, preferably in Crew Management is preferred.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.