System Engineer - Regulatory Affairs
Beijing, Beijing Municipality
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
System Engineer - Regulatory Affairs
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Systems engineer (regulatory affairs) position will be under general direction of the China Service Center. He or She will support Boeing/CAAC cooperative projects, CSC safety related activity, provides airline customers support related to regulatory affairs, and facilitates discussions in multiple languages.
1. Support Boeing/CAAC new technology cooperative projects to obtain win-win cooperation result; Support China Initiative strategy to build closer tie with Chinese stakeholders to introduce and implement aviation technologies into China (e.g. ADS-B, LVO, T-PED, Global Tracking, GLS/GBAS, PBCS etc.)
2. Build and maintain close relationships with CAAC, and China aviation industry/associations; identify areas of mutual interest in order to foster future interactions and strengthen the safety related cooperation;
3. Support CSC team with projects and symposiums to be held annually on topics related to safety, new technology, pilot training, Air Traffic management and other related workshops/symposiums;
4. Do research of the CAAC certification, maintenance, operation related regulations and AC, AP, MD requirements;
5. Work with customer service teams to provide the guidance to customer airlines on regulatory affairs issues.
6. Monitor CAAC regulation revision activities; support CSC team to coordinate with appropriate Boeing management/function teams to determine Boeing position and provide recommendations and influence CAAC rulemaking process to protect Boeing interests
- Wide range of knowledge in aviation, aviation industry, and Boeing products/services
- Good knowledge of FAA and CAAC certification, maintenance and operation related regulation
- Fluent in both oral and written Mandarin/English
- Excellent people skills, communication skills, and relationship skills.
- Time management skills, project management skills.
Excellent people skills, communication skills, and relationship skills. Coordinate and build relationships with the customers, manage special projects with customers and coordinate information/issues with internal Boeing organizations.
Work under minimum direction from Manager of China Service Center
Time management skills, project management skills.
Complete the major projects. The results of these activities can have significant impact on special projects with the airline customers, China Initiative teams or the CAAC.
Represents the organization by providing solutions on difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Must be able to develop a wide range of external and internal relationships (English and Mandarin).
Typical Education / Experience:
Experience: Around 3 years industry regulatory experience preferred (not including education)
Requirements: Minimum education requirements, bachelor degree in engineering or aviation related area
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.