Beijing, Beijing Municipality
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Systems Engineer (focused on systems safety) will be under general direction of the China Service Center. He or she will provide support and guidance on aviation safety related activities in cooperation with the CAAC and operators of Boeing airplanes in China. He or she will also provide airline customer support related to aviation safety in the areas of Safety Management Systems (SMS), Flight Operations, and Maintenance and Engineering, including developing new approaches to partnering with airline customers to influence and promote aviation safety practices, working with Boeing pilots to support airline customers, and gathering data and developing solutions to meet customer needs. Facilitates discussions in multiple languages.
1. Influence and support Boeing aviation safety events with CAAC and airlines; coordinate with CAAC Flight Standards Department and CAAC Aviation Safety Office to develop aviation safety related events and engagements with airlines for operating Boeing aircraft in China;
2. Coordinate directly with airlines in support of their aviation safety programs. Work closely with airlines and Boeing technical experts and pilots to support safety related activities to assist airlines in maintaining and improving their safety focus on SMS, flight operations safety programs, and maintenance safety evaluations.
3. Lead/support Boeing/CAAC cooperative projects. Work with CAAC Flight Standard Department, Aviation Safety Office and many other related functional departments to obtain win-win cooperation result; identify areas of mutual interest in order to foster future interactions and strengthen the company position through cooperative projects.
4. 25-50% travel
- Knowledge and Competency Required:
1. Wide range of knowledge in aviation, aviation industry, and Boeing products/services
2. Deep knowledge of SMS/ QMS/ GMM and airline organization structure
3. Good knowledge of FAA and CAAC aviation rules and industry Standards (ICAO convention)
4. Good command of English and Mandarin (read, write, listen, speak)
5. 15 years Airline Experience with a minimum of 5 years in Engineering/ Maintenance/ Quality management preferred
6. Bachelor degree or above in engineering or aviation related area.
- Problem Solving:
1.Lead / Engage with SMS project and assist airlines in building improvements to their safety program - introduce a safety culture to Chinese operators;
2. Implement Airlines Safety Audit with focus on their maintenance and Engineering organizations;
3. Educate Operators and China Regulatory Agents on SMS and Safety culture through seminars and training.
Work under minimum direction from Manager of China Service Center
Time management skills, project management skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.