Systems Engineer - New Technologies
Beijing, Beijing Municipality
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer - New Technologies
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Systems engineer (New Technology) will be working under the general direction of the China Service Center, providing support and guidance on new technology projects presented to the CAAC, Airport Authorities, ATMB, Airlines and Aviation Product Suppliers. He / She will coordinates directly with Aviation Industry personnel and identifies issues and concerns. The hire will also be require to provide customer support to airline relating to new technology issues. He/ She may also be require to facilitate discussions in multiple languages.
1. Support and influence the future working relationship between Boeing and the applicable Business Stakeholders on new technologies, by supporting a number of initiatives related to global aircraft tracking, flight tracking system of the CAAC, automatic dependent surveillance – broadcast (ADS-B), heads up display (HUD), electronic flight bag (EFB), GNSS landing system(GLS), performance based navigation (PNB), required navigation performance (RNP), and implementation status as an example of products or services being evaluated. .
2. Lead/support Boeing/stakeholders cooperative projects in working with many of the industry functional departments to obtain win-win cooperation result; identify areas of mutual interest in order to foster future interactions and strengthen the company position through cooperative projects; support China Initiative strategy to build closer ties with Chinese stakeholders to introduce and implement new Boeing products and aviation technologies into China.
3. Provide presentations or instruction within field of expertise to customers and/or stakeholders to provide technical understanding or training.
1.. 25-50% travel
2.. Bachelor's of Engineering Degree and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience in aviation industry preferred. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
3. Candidate must be fluent in both English and Mandarin (read, write, listen/speak)
4. Candidate must be eligible to work in China
- Wide range of knowledge in aviation, aviation industry, and Boeing products/services
- Good knowledge FAA and CAAC aviation rules and other industry information (ICAO documents)
- Deep knowledge of aviation avionic systems is highly desirable
Excellent people skills, communication skills, and relationship skills. Coordinate and build relationships with the China CAAC, manage special projects with CAAC and coordinate information/issues with internal Boeing organizations.
Work under minimum direction from Manager of China Service Center. With good time management skills and project management skills.
Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. The results of these activities can have significant impact on special projects with the CAAC, or may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Represents the organization as the technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Must be able to develop a wide range of external and internal relationships.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.