Network Security SpecialistBellevue, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is an exciting opportunity as a Network Security Specialist. This position concentrates on service management responsibilities supporting network protection security solutions, including Virtual Private Network, Perimeter Network Firewall and Gateway technologies. This position is located in Bellevue, Kent WA. or St. Louis.
- Design, deploy and manage technical security controls and vulnerability approaches
- Evaluates and assists with intrusion detection/prevention and incident response
- Ensures Network Protection services meet and adhere to stringent compliance requirements and governance processes
- Develop and maintain complex network security design standards, specifications and configurations
- Participates on design review boards
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- 3 plus years’ experience in Networking & Security design/operations
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong Microsoft office skills are required
- Strong Network protection skills are highly desired
- Technical Bachelor’s degree is highly desired (A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree or greater in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ of related work experience or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More