Associate Cloud Application DeveloperBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team is currently looking for one Associate Cloud Application Developer to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. As a Cloud Application Engineer, you will be part of the Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team, which develops software applications and products that create direct value to its customers. We provide re-vamped work environments focused on delivering data-driven solutions at a rapidly increased pace over traditional development. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team who are excited to use the latest in software technologies for modern web and mobile application development. Through our products we deliver innovative solutions to our global customer base at an accelerated pace.
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them as part of Sprint Planning.
- Contributes to the Backlog refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level of DOR.
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO accordingly to arrive at a solution.
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated.
- Develops working software towards committed Team PI Objectives and Iteration plans.
- Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards.
- Designs for testability: Design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation.
Works on prototyping and evaluates technical feasibility
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, and user friendly web applications for large and complex aviation related systems.
- Experience in automated test environments/TDD/JUNIT is essential
- Expertise in developing services (sync and async) using Microservices Architecture and Design patterns
- Expertise in developing and deploying in Azure Cloud using its PaaS services.
- Expertise with Azure functions.
- Must have experience with Spring Framework, REST & SOAP based Web Services, JPA.
- Hands-on experience with Python.
- Must have experience in messaging systems – Azure Event hub or Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in working in SQL Databases with ability to model and ability to write Stored Procedures - Postgres or MySQL or any other relational databases.
- Experience in working with any one of the NoSQL Databases – Preferably Azure Cosmos DB or MongoDB.
- Hands-on with Docker containers, Kubernetes and creating HELM artifacts – Preferably using Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD automation – Git, Maven and Shell scripting
- Developing applications with built-in security according to OWASP
- Ability to profile and tune the performance.
- Experience in Log management and monitoring using Azure services.
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML. Must have experience using
- Software Design Patterns, Standards and Best Practices within the industry.
- Desire to learn and conduct hands-on experimentation, product evaluations and proof of concepts in various diverse array of technologies.
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand software from source code.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/ Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members. To be effective, this person must earn the respect of the Scrum teams, Scrum Masters, Technical Architect, and Release Train Manager, Business teams, customers and all other different stakeholders.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and strong analytical and creative problem Solving skills and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding.
- Should be an excellent team player.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Certification in Azure cloud
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +4 years' related work experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
5 years of Experience with at least 3 years as Senior software developer
-Bachelor's degree in science, technology, applied mathematics or engineering is required and Masters degree would be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in Aviation domain would be preferred.
- Experience working in a global organization is preferred.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.